Saturday, May 7, 2016

Cousins on Leap Year


When Tanya called in early February and said she might be able to come down to Houston for my true birthday weekend, we were definitely ready to take her up on the idea. She flew down with Nara and Harry for a short-but-sweet visit, which we packed full of trips to various parks to enjoy the weather.

We also had to hit the beach, even though the water in February is freezing. Tanya and I were perfectly content to remain on the sand, shivering in the cool breeze off the water. The kids, however, dashed right in. Brrrr.










We showed the cousins our great new tent builder kit and created a massive tent for everyone to sleep in. You can imagine how successful that plan was when bedtime came.


Challenger Park boardwalk!




Another family portrait on the boardwalk, just like last year. Like Tanya said, I'm even wearing the same shirt.


Just me and my niece. Aww.


Piggy back!



Turtle watching.





Misha took advantage of Tanya's visit to glean her knowledge of how to knit a hat. It turned out great!



Red heads.



Bow and arrow fun at the park.





Last but not least, my 9th birthday celebration! Tanya made my favorite dinner, stir fry, and I made my favorite cake - chocolate zucchini with chocolate buttercream frosting.



We miss you guys already!

Update: two more adorable photos I just had to add:




No comments: