Friday, January 18, 2013

More Christmas, More Winter Fun


The fun of Christmas struck again when Grandma Kate's eagerly-awaited package, full of beautifully wrapped gifts, arrived early this week. We managed to connect with her on Skype so she could watch the boys open them up. Luckily, I managed to snap one shot of all the gifts under the tree before they got ripped open, thus ensuring that my mother-in-law will still love me. :)



As always, the presents were perfect choices for Misha and Sebby. Sebby loves Clifford, and now we have a new Clifford book to read at bedtime.


Misha was fascinated by his Mysterious Magnets Junior kit. He immediately showed off how his magnets attract and repel ...


making the paper man "float" above the table.


Another puzzle for Sebby! This "Five Little Monkeys" themed one was right up his alley, and he jumped right in to connecting the pieces as he sang the song.



Ta da!


Misha also got a cool paper airplane kit. The two we have made so far have proved to be excellent fliers. The books is far more detailed than I expected, and to really create proper elevators, ailerons, rudders, and canopies, we may need to consult Uncle Aaron.


To top it off, each boy got his own battery-operated toothbrush, which is exactly what they needed to get them to brush a little longer and a little more carefully. Especially since Misha is getting permanent teeth now, these toothbrushes are a wonderful idea.

Thank you so much, Grandma Kate!

Our friend Saule also visited us and bestowed newly-knitted, matching caps upon the boys! They now wear them to school every day.


And we still visit our little sledding hill, which fills up with lively children in colorful hats and scarves, sliding down on sleds, plastic bags, or on their own feet. Misha is easy to identify in his three-pom-pommed jester hat. Sebby is in brown.







Back to the top!


Here is a cute video of Sebby and Misha cruising down the small but slick hill, with a whirlwind of Russian chatter all around.




People always tell me I have really cute kids. I honestly don't know what else to do except to agree with them!

MISHA

SEBBY

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I'd say they're super cute kids! Wish you still lived a couple doors away. Hugs to you all!

kate said...

Thanks so much for putting my Christmas for the boys on the blog. I am so glad the boys enjoy the gifts. I wish i was able to send more. It was fun to see myself on skype. I would love to have a copy of the last two pictures of the boys.
Mom

Tammy Kula said...

Thanks, Deanna!
Kate, see? I told you you look good on skype!