Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Brotherly Love



Sebastian is 10 days old today! Misha continues to be a good big brother - he hasn't lost interest yet. I had Sebastian with me when I picked up Misha from day care, and Misha was so proud to show off his little brother to his friends (lots of the other kids have their own little siblings). "Hey everybody!" he announced. "Look at my baby brother! He's so cute."

Misha still loves to hold him. When I was feeding the baby yesterday, Misha asked, "Mommy, can I hold the baby brother when he's done milking?"

One day he read an animal book to the baby - it was so cute how he told him what each animal was. "And do you know what this is? This is a gorilla!" and so on.



To get the full effect, watch the video:



More pictures from this past week:



Misha seems so big compared to Sebastian! I am amazed when I look at the size of his hands and feet, which used to seem so small to me and now appear so large. When I picked Misha up the other day, I was shocked that he was so heavy.





Snuggling with Mommy


Outside with Daddy



Time with Grandma


A cuddle with Grandpa


We try to make sure Misha gets quality time with us as well. Tanya, Grandma and Grandpa take Misha out and about to play, eat pancakes, etc. Josh took him to the library tonight and got great books on space (Misha is really into the planets now). I made homemade play-dough for him yesterday, which he loved because we hadn't done it in awhile. This is his play-dough cookie shop:



And here he is admiring his penguin like a real sculptor!




Misha has been wanting to take a bath with the baby, so we gave it a try. It was a very short bath! ;)







As you can see, Sebastian still spends most of his day fast asleep...



A little smile for the camera!







Sebastian enjoys rocking in his little swing. Note the cute "It's a boy!" sign - Thanks, Carol!



Later Gator pajamas from Grandma Kate. :) So cute!

And every once in awhile he wakes up!

No comments: