Thursday, November 12, 2009

How do you like to go up in a swing?



How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!



Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside—


Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown—
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!

-Robert Louis Stevenson



Since the weather warmed up this week, Sebastian got to try out a real outdoor swing. He loved it! He sat contentedly swinging for almost an hour. Misha enjoyed giving him pushes and swinging next to him. :)


Me and Sebastian

Grandma and Grandpa enjoying the day with the kids.

My mom and Sebastian

My dad and Sebastian, and the football game

Misha proudly displays his Halloween spoils. Wow!

We had to say goodbye to Grandma Kate the day after Halloween. We enjoyed a nice meal at a restaurant in Sioux Falls and some time at a park before taking her to the airport.

Grandma Kate talks into the park "telephone."


And Misha answers from the other side of the playground!


Big, Little. High, Low. Misha and Daddy playing tag at the park.

Misha decided to have a birthday party for Koko the Monkey (far right), so I made plenty of party hats. Misha decorated them all with stickers and wrote names on them - for each toy and for each family member as well! (On Sebastian's he wrote, without help, "SBasn." Not bad!) Then he set up his room with games and balloons for the celebration.

Misha and Sebastian in their party hats.

Toe fun.

Sweater shot!

Cuddly in his Pooh pullover.

Playing on the couch.

Saturday morning at the Kulas.

Josh and me.

Me and Sebastian.

Josh and Sebastian, handsome in red.

Misha builds with Legos; Sebastian observes.

Round, smiling faces!

Our cute kids.

Sebastian and his big, blue eyes.

He has realized he was born to communicate - he babbles and sings his high-pitched squeals of "look-what-I-can-do-with-my-voice!" See below:



2 comments:

Tanya said...

Gosh, Sebastian is getting gigantic! He will be huge by the time I see him at Christmas!

Tammy Kula said...

I know! He has doubled in size since he was born ... But most of his size is in his head. ;-) His head looks almost as big as Misha's!! You will have tons of fun playing with him - he's so sociable now.